Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tortellini Soup



It's back-to-Kraft day. After yesterday's marathon in the kitchen, I wanted a quick, simple recipe for tonight. Luckily for me, I usually get what I want.

Minor substitutions with my version, but nothing to make you gasp. I sort of measured the chicken stock -which was actually beef stock already opened and in a tetrapak - and sort of measured the water.....but not really. I finished the beef stock and opened a tetrapak of chicken stock, then added some water to about 900mL total....I think. Later, when I was serving myself some soup, I dumped in the rest of the chicken stock tetra so now I really don't know how much liquid I added. I just wanted to be rid of tetrapaks clogging up my wee fridge.

I didn't have dried basil so I used 1/2 teaspoon of squeeze tube basil. I also added 1 tsp of dried Italian seasoning because tortellini is Italian and I felt like adding some pizazz to my soup. My tortellini was frozen, not fresh, and it was chicken/proscuitto, not cheese. I cooked it for about 6 minutes. I also forgot the parmesan cheese at the end.

End result: Healthy, hot, and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment