Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas Made Over

Recipe #87: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/fiesta-chicken-enchiladas-made-121733.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbecaen-_-20120103-_-1188&cm_lm=ECBBCAE26A9EBFC4D6C4C17426109BFA
Yep, another "healthier version" Kraft recipe. What can I say? I'm on a roll. And in the mood for simplicity, quite frankly.
I altered a few things in my version:
-I left out the red and green peppers because I don't like peppers, the Meatatarian doesn't really like them either, and I plum forgot about them at the grocery store.
-I only had regular cream cheese on hand.
-No fancy Tex-Mex cheese here - just some old cheddar I grated after carefully checking for mold first. Oops, inside voice...
-Our salsa happened to be of the mild variety, in case that matters to anyone.
This recipe was pretty easy to make. I did use cooking spray (PC Olive - ooh la la!) on both the chicken saucepan and the baking dish. I'm learning! The tortillas were slightly messy to roll, but I managed without any real drama. Their suggestion of 1/3 cup per tortilla is pretty much bang on.
My version was probably a little blander than the Kraft pepper version, but I happen to like it. It still has good flavour. A hungry friend who stopped by also said it was good, so I'm 2 for 2 in tasting so far. I don't eat a lot of enchiladas - am I supposed to use cutlery? We just used our fingers and slurped a lot. The ends are crunchy, but the middle is soft. I hope they're just as good when I reheat the leftovers tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment