Sunday, October 4, 2009

Creamy Chicken, Bacon & Tomato Pasta




We're back to Kraft again. What can I say? Their "healthier" recipes are easiest for me to find, and I like all the bright colours on their website. I'm partial to bright colours.


This recipe turned out pretty well, if you ignore the fact that it took me a long time to get the darn sauce to thicken. I'm not really sure why that was a problem, seeing as I did everything just the way I was supposed to. Was it the spontaneous mushrooms perhaps?


The only things I altered with this recipe were the addition of some dried oregano, some dried italian blend seasoning, some freshly grated parmesan, and a drained can of mushrooms because I like them. Don't ask me how much spices I added. I said "some" for a reason because it was a "shake-shake-shake, looks like enough" moment times two. I figured that since I have these spices hanging out in my kitchen already, and since I was supposed to buy the italian blend tomatoes, then those spices should go nicely with the recipe.


Not that it made much difference, but you might want to read the tomato can label carefully. I was so focused on buying the italian blend in the right size that I failed to notice that I wasn't buying the "diced" tomatoes. I didn't know this until I slopped them in the pot but it wasn't too bad. I just whacked at them with the edge of a spatula until they looked more diced. There. Problem fixed.


By the time I got around to eating this dinner, I was nearly asleep with fatigue (a lot on the go right now) so I was only able to eat half of what I put in my bowl. My GI tract has also been rather unhappy with me lately so my opinion of this dish tasting a bit too salty for my palate may not be an accurate impression. The other person that I managed to convince to try this liked it a lot so there you go. At least the mushrooms gave me something to snack on while I waited for the stupid sauce to thicken. If you add the mushrooms like me, you may want to see how watery your sauce is and adjust the water addition accordingly, something I will do next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment