Thursday, October 8, 2009

Parmesan, Chicken & Broccoli Pasta




Finally, a recipe that doesn't feed 12 people! My freezer is pretty full from all of the recent leftovers.


You may be wondering about all the chicken recipes I've made lately. Number one, it was on sale... in bulk. Number two, beef is a PITA to me as I've mentioned before. Number three, chicken turns white when it's done. Easier to tell.


I have a stomachache while I write this, but I swear it's from stress, not my dinner. Don't let that turn you off trying this recipe yourself. It's pretty tasty. Just don't let it get cold while you eat like I did.


Based on an idea I gleaned from comments on the Kraft site, I added a bit of extra salad dressing to this version. Pretty much everything else is the same, save for the freshly grated parmesan in place of canned stuff. I had some fresh stuff left over. I pitched the bit of cammo broccoli in the fridge in favour of fresh. I ate the softly wrinkled tomato in a salad the other night and used a fresher one for this. I had a 454g pasta package so I pinched out what I figured to be about 1/4 of that, then flung in a few more noodles (twice) when it didn't look like enough.


Heck, I even grated the mozzarella into my 1/4 cup measuring spoon, although a lot of it ended up on the counter. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a "packed" measured amount like brown sugar, or more loose, as it came out of the grater. I compromised and mashed one 1/4 cup and not the other.


You might find this recipe to be a bit runny at the end. Mine was probably from adding the extra dressing, but the tomatoes will also contribute some liquid. I think next time I'll probably add some (dry) Italian seasoning to give it a bit of a flavour boost. You could probably also try a wee bit of that Lee & Perrins "rooster" sauce, the dark bottle with the orange label.


This will be my last recipe post for a little while. I'm heading to the White House for our Thanksgiving (I hope I don't need a dinner reservation), then I need to go off the grid for a bit to catch up on some neglected parts of my life. Fear not, I will return. In the meantime, try some of my blogged recipes and tell me how they went for you. I changed the comment settings for this blog so you *should* be able to post a comment without having to have a special email account. Let me know if this is not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment